To use the VMware Horizon Desktop Recording feature, install the Desktop Recording Agent component on all Horizon machines where you want to record sessions.
The Desktop Recording Agent registry settings are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Blast\DesktopRecordingAgent
Minimum Desktop Resource Requirements
|Free Disk Space||5 GB
Note: This depends on the type of applications the user runs in the session and also the frame change rate. You must monitor usage and add extra disk space as required.
Additional System Requirements
- Horizon 2106 or later (with Instant Clone Agent)
- A Windows 10 1909 or later 64-bit operating system
- Microsoft .Net framework 4.6.1 or later
- VMware Blast
- Port 9443 must be allowed in the firewall inbound rules on the Desktop Recording Server.
- You cannot perform this installation if a previous version of Horizon Desktop Recording is installed.
- To install the Desktop Recording Agent, download the HorizonDesktopRecordingAgent.exe file and copy it to a local folder.
- Run the installer and follow the steps.
- When prompted for the connection, provide the correct URL of the recording server in the format https://<FQDN or IP address of recording server>:9443 along with the User Name and Password.
- Select the This machine is a template check box if the machine is a parent VM and a pool will be created from it.
- Click Register.
- If the certificate of the server is untrusted, accept the thumbprint of the server when prompted.
- To uninstall the Desktop Recording Agent, use Add Remove Programs (appwiz.cpl) to remove the Desktop Recording agent binaries and delete the following components manually:
- Logs located in C:\programdata\VMware\Horizon Desktop Recording
- Any local pending recordings located in installation directory\Recordings