Main components of DCC are:
- Web server: Gunicorn 'Green Unicorn' is a Python WSGI HTTP Server for UNIX. It's a pre-fork worker model. The Gunicorn server is broadly compatible with various web frameworks, simply implemented, light on server resources, and fairly speedy.
- MongoDB: MongoDB is a cross-platform document-oriented database program. It is a dependency of the DCC. It is classified as a NoSQL database program, MongoDB uses JSON-like documents with schemata. MongoDB is developed by MongoDB Inc.
- Data Collector Framework core: DCF core technology software delivers enterprise and carrier-class cross-domain performance and service level management which transforms data into actionable information, helping assure the delivery of business services.
DCC interacts with DCF core via its Web Service Gateway, a SOAP-based API that provides a programmable interface to DC Core features.
- DCC endpoints: DCC has two main endpoints:
- Catalog: Catalog is responsible for block provisioning, configuration, available blocks, and packages.
- Runtime: Runtime is responsible for operations with blocks, such as start, stop, restart, manage, and un-manage configuration of variable handling filter (VHF).