Manage your deployment in VMware Tanzu Mission Control
Sign in to Tanzu Mission Control to manage your clusters, set up access policies, and provision new clusters.
If you are operating in an Internet-restricted environment, see the requirements in Prerequisites for Deployment.
Manage clusters in Tanzu Mission Control
- In Tanzu Mission Control, register your vSphere with Tanzu Supervisor cluster or your Tanzu Kubernetes Grid management cluster. See Register a Management Cluster with Tanzu Mission Control.
- Complete the Supervisor or standalone management cluster registration with Tanzu Mission Control.
- Add workload clusters.
- For vSphere with Tanzu Supervisor or Tanzu Kubernetes Grid standalone management cluster, see Add a workload cluster.
- For any conformant Kubernetes cluster, such as an AKS or EKS cluster, see Attach a cluster.
- Add a Cluster to Service Mesh. When you add a cluster to Tanzu Service Mesh, an extension is installed on the cluster to communicate with the Tanzu Service Mesh service.
- Add a Cluster to Tanzu Observability for monitoring. When you add a cluster to Tanzu Observability, an extension is installed on the cluster to collect and send metrics data in regular intervals to Tanzu Observability.
Set up access policies in Tanzu Mission Control
Set up access policies in Tanzu Mission Control to allow developers to create and access workload clusters. In Tanzu Mission Control:
- Add a Role Binding to specify permission for a member or group.
- Create a Security Policy to implement constraints on what pods can do.
- Create an Image Registry Policy to restrict the images that can be pulled for deployment in your managed namespaces.
Provision a new cluster in Tanzu Mission Control
To provision a new cluster in Tanzu Mission Control, see Provisioning Workload Clusters.
For information about the the lifecycle management features available in Tanzu Mission Control, see Managing the Lifecycle of Tanzu Kubernetes Clusters.