vRealize Log Insight Cloud is a VMware Cloud service. You can sign up for the service and set up your organization, billing, and subscription in VMware Cloud. To use the service, download data collectors and make certain information about your public and private cloud accounts available. Use this checklist to help you get started with vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- Sign up for and log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- If you are an existing VMware Cloud user, click the activation link in the vRealize Log Insight Cloud invitation email.
- If you are not an existing VMware Cloud user, you can sign up for the vRealize Log Insight Cloud service using this Request Form. You can also accept an invitation to join the service. See Sign up for vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- If you have not set up your organization, configure your organization and user access. See Managing Organizations and User Access.
- If you have not set up payment, add a payment method. See Manage Payment Methods in Using VMware Cloud.
- In the pop-up window, click Start my Trial to start your trial subscription with vRealize Log Insight Cloud. When your trial subscription ends, you can use a free subscription or activate a paid subscription. See vRealize Log Insight Cloud Subscriptions and Billing.
- Connect to VMware Cloud Services from a web browser.
Note: When you use a web browser to connect to VMware Cloud Services, the computer that runs the web browser must have HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- Connect to VMware Cloud Services from a data collector.
Note: When connecting to VMware Cloud Services from a data collector, the computer the data collector is on must have HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- · *.vmware.com
- · symphony-docker-external.jfrog.io
- · ci-data-collector.s3.amazonaws.com
- Add a data collector. See Deploy a First Data Collector for vRealize Log Insight Cloud.