| Sign up for and log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
||A VMware ID. Set up a VMware account with your corporate email address at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/login.
For more information about signing up, see Sign up for vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- If you are a VMware Cloud, VMware Cloud on Dell, VMware Cloud on AWS, or VMware MSP (with VMware Cloud) user and you need an extension beyond the free trial subscription period (30 days + 15 days grace period) or after the expiration of the trial, contact email@example.com.
By default, the
vRealize Log Insight Cloud
trial instance is provisioned in US. For other regions, contact
- If you are a non-VMware Cloud or VMware MSP (without VMware Cloud) user, sign up for the vRealize Log Insight Cloud trial service.
- To request for the trial service, you must use the same email ID that you entered when you created your VMware ID.
- Ensure that you are not opted out of VMware marketing emails and check your junk folder for any email communications from VMware. If you do not receive any activation links within one or two days, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the manual link from VMware Cloud Services.
- By default, the vRealize Log Insight Cloud trial instance is provisioned in US. For other regions, contact email@example.com.
| Add more users to vRealize Log Insight Cloud and manage roles-based access.
||Managing Organizations and User Access
| Connect to VMware Cloud Services.
- When you use a web browser to connect to VMware Cloud Services, the computer that runs the web browser must have HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
- When you connect to VMware Cloud Services from a data collector, the computer that the data collector is on must have HTTPS port 443 open to outgoing traffic with access through the firewall to:
| Deploy a remote Cloud Proxy and connect to the Cloud Platform.
| Forward events and logs from NSX, vRealize Log Insight, and third-party data sources.
Log ingestion has the following data limits for trials:
- Non-VMware Cloud or VMware MSP (without VMware Cloud) trial users - 10 GB per day
- VMware Cloud, VMware MSP (with VMware Cloud) trial users - 50 GB per day
- VMware Cloud on Dell users - 10 GB per day
- Data retention for 10 days
| Add content packs.
| Integrate with vSphere for collection of events, tasks, and alarms.
||Register the vCenter Server that manages the ESXi host with your vRealize Log Insight Cloud service.
Ensure that you have:
- User credentials with the System.View privilege to configure vCenter.
- System.View is a system-defined privilege. When you add a custom role and do not assign any privileges to it, the role is created as a read-only role with three system-defined privileges - System.Anonymous, System.View, and System.Read.
- You must configure the permission at the top-level folder within the vCenter Server inventory and verify that the Propagate to Children check box is selected.
- A user account with administrator privileges to log in to vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- The IP address or domain name of the vCenter Server.
| Integrate with vSphere for syslog collection from ESXi hosts.
||For ESXi hosts version 6.x and later, register the vCenter Server that manages the ESXi host with your vRealize Log Insight Cloud service.
| Integrate with vSphere for syslog collection from the vCenter Server Appliance.
| If you want to convert to a paid subscription, add a payment method.
||Managing Payment Methods