You can compare two image profiles by using the vSphere Web Client, for example, to see if they have the same VIB list, version, or acceptance level.
- Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder Service Startup Type.
- Add or import a software depot to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. See Add a Software Depot and Import a Software Depot.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select the image profile that you want to compare and click Compare To.
- In the Compare Image Profile dialog box, from the Software Depot drop-down menu, select the software depot that contains the second image profile that you want to compare.
- From the Image Profile drop-down menu, select the second image profile that you want to compare.
- Under Software Packages, on the All tab, view the comparison of the two image profiles.
The left side of the list displays the names, versions, acceptance levels, and vendors of the VIBs that the first chosen image profile contains. The right part of the list provides information about the second image profile. The VIBs marked with no change are the same in both profiles. VIBs that are present in only one of the image profiles are marked missing in the image profile that they are not present in.