You can edit image profiles by using the vSphere Web Client. You can change the name, details and VIB list of an image profile.
The acceptance level of the VIBs you add to the base image must be at least as high as the level of the base image. If you add a VIB with a lower acceptance level to the image profile, you must lower the image profile acceptance level. For more information, see Working with Acceptance Levels.
Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder Service Startup Type.
Verify that there is at least one custom depot in the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select the image profile that you want to edit and click Edit.
- (Optional) Change the name, vendor and description information of the image profile.
- Click Next.
- From the Available tab, select the VIBs that you want to add to the image profile and deselect the ones that you want to remove.
You can view the VIBs that will be added to the image profile from the Selected tab. You can filter the VIBs by software depot from the Software depot drop-down list on the Available tab.Note:
The image profile must contain a bootable ESXi image to be valid.
- Click Next.
vSphere ESXi Image Builder verifies that the change does not invalidate the profile. Some VIBs depend on other VIBs and become invalid if you include them in an image profile separately. When you add or remove a VIB, vSphere ESXi Image Builder checks whether the package dependencies are met.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the summary information for the edited image profile and click Finish.