You can move image profiles between custom depots by using the vSphere Web Client. You can move an image profile to a custom depot to edit the image profile.
- Verify that the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service is enabled and running. See Configure the vSphere ESXi Image Builder Service Startup Type.
- Add or import a software depot to the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory. See Add a Software Depot and Import a Software Depot.
- Verify that there is at least one custom depot in the vSphere ESXi Image Builder inventory.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Auto Deploy.
By default, only the Administrator role has privileges to use the vSphere ESXi Image Builder service.
- On the Software Depots tab, select the software depot that contains the image profile that you want to work with.
- On the Image Profiles tab, select an image profile and click Move to.
- From the drop-down list, select the custom depot in which you want to move the image profile.
- Click OK.