You can view and create storage groups by using the App Volumes Manager.
You can define storage groups to automatically replicate Packages,AppStacks, or distribute Writable Volumes across many datastores. They are also used to define a group of datastores that should all contain the same AppStacks. Some of the attributes for the group, such as template location and distribution strategy, only apply when using the group for distributing Writable Volumes. The distribution strategy setting controls how Writable Volumes are distributed across the group.
You can directly choose the storage to add or specify a name prefix to automatically add new matching storage.
- Provide the following information:
Option Description Group Name Name for the storage group. Automation
- Select Automatically Import AppStacks and Packages
- Select Automatically Replicate AppStacks and Packages
Distribution Strategy Select how you want the files to be distributed:
- Spread - Distribute files evenly across all the storage locations. When a file is created, the storage with the most available space is selected.
- Round-robin - Distribute files by sequentially using the storage locations. When a file is created, the storage with the oldest used time is selected.
Template Storage Select a storage location from the drop-down menu. Storage Selection
- Direct - select from the list of storage options that are displayed.
- Automatic - You can specify a storage name prefix to filter the options. Leave the Storage Name Prefix box blank to see all storage options.
- Select a prefix for the storage name. Leave it blank to see all possible storage locations.
This field is visible only for Automatic storage selection.
- Select a storage location to create a group for a specific location.
- Click Create.
- A list of locations that was selected is displayed. Confirm the operation and click Create..