This section lists the steps to create a notification destination from the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI.
You must have the CREATE NOTIFICATION DESTINATION permission to perform this operation.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, go to Settings.
The Settings page is displayed.
- Click Notification Destinations.
The notification destinations for your organization is displayed.
- Click CREATE.
The Create Destination wizard is displayed.
- In the Details step, enter the following details:
- Name - Notification Destination name.
- Description - A brief description about the notification destination.
- In the Settings step, enter the following information:
- Select Secure Protocol to send notifications using an encrypted connection. The recommended protocol is TLS.
- Enter the host URL and port information.
- If you have selected Secure Protocol, enter the certificate information in the Certificate field. The certificate must be in the Privacy Enhanced Mail (PEM) format.
- Authentication Type: Select whether the authentication type is Basic or No Authentication.
- Enter the Username and Password of the destination instance.
- In the Review step, review the information and click SAVE.
You have successfully created a notification destination.