Use this procedure to install sensors on VM workloads through the Carbon Black Cloud console. You can use the configuration file to specify the proxy server that a Carbon Black launcher and a Carbon Black sensor can use after the installation completes.
- Make sure you have configured firewall correctly. For firewall information, see Configure a Firewall.
- For details on the command line installation options, see Windows Sensor Supported Commands.
- The only supported proxy connection for the Carbon Black launcher and the Carbon Black sensor is the unauthenticated HTTP tunneling proxy.
- To obtain the Carbon Black launcher for Windows VMs with proxy support, install or upgrade VMware Tools to version 11.3.0 or later.
- Sign in to the Carbon Black Cloud console.
- On the navigation bar, select .
- Click the Not Enabled tab and select eligible workloads.
Eligible workloads are running a supported OS and have a correct version of the VMware Tools with the Carbon Black launcher.
- Click the Take Action drop-down menu and select Install sensors.
- Select the sensor version to install.
- Optional. Update the sensor configuration file with proxy settings.
The configuration file tells both the Carbon Black sensor and the Carbon Black launcher what proxy to use.
- Click the Download a template link to use a sample configuration file. The company registration code and the Carbon Black Cloud URL are pre-populated in the template.
- Add the proxy server by specifying the server name and port number in the configuration file.
HTTPS is not supported.
- Click Upload File to upload the sensor configuration file that contains command line installation options such as the proxy configuration information.
- Click Install.
You see a Sensor installation submitted notification and the install status for the VM changes to In Progress.
It takes up to 5 minutes for the installation to complete.