When you are using the Configuration Manager to maintain settings for IP Managers, you can create a new group by copying an existing group with its configurations, making minimal changes, and reassigning IP Managers to it.
- Log in to the M&R platform with your administrator username and password.
- Navigate to the Configuration Manager (Select .).
- Assign IP Managers.
- Click one of the following: Polling, Thresholds, Device Access, or Tagging.
- Select a group category from the dropdown box.
The choices vary accordingly for Polling, Thresholds, Device Access, or Tagging.
- In the group list, right-click the group to copy and select Copy Configuration.
- Type the new group name, the description, the IP Managers to assign to it, select the Copy Matching Criteria checkbox, and click OK.
Helper lists the configuration-enabled IP Managers.The new group appears above the source group from which it was copied. This ensures that the custom group settings are applied first to the IP Managers assigned to this group and not overwritten by the default group settings.