If you are using vDS networking, as a convenience you can import the HAProxy OVA file to a Content Library. Importing the HAProxy OVA to a local Content Library can be used for air-gapped deployments.
Create a local Content Library. See Create, Secure, and Synchronize a Local Content Library for Tanzu Kubernetes releases.
Download the latest version of the VMware HAProxy OVA file from the VMware-HAProxy site.
- Log in to the vCenter Server using the vSphere Client.
- Select .
- From the list of Content Libraries, click the link for the name of the Local Content Library you created, such as HAProxy.
- Click Actions.
- Select Import Item.
- In the Import Library Item window, select Local File.
- Click Upload Files.
- Select the file
vmware-haproxy-vX.X.X.ova.You see the message
1 file ready to import. The file is listed with a green check mark beside its name.
- Click Import.
- Reveal the Recent Tasks pane at the bottom of the page.
- Monitor the task Fetch Content of a Library Item and verify that it is successfully Completed.
What to do next
Deploy the HAProxy control plane VM. See Deploy the HAProxy Load Balancer Control Plane VM.